Florencia

I love writing, but apparently I don't have any talent, or I can't find it (if it's something you can find), so my dream of becoming a writer is just that. I'm a lawyer now (yup, no kidding).

Anyway, I love books, music, movies, pizza, lemon pie and people with good sense of humor.  If you don't have any, if you make Mary Bennet look funny, interesting and witty, or if you're a fanatic that's still not acquainted with the fact that people have their own personal taste and therefore, their own opinions about books, music, movies, etc., so you can't bear that another person dislikes your favorite book, song, movie, etc., then please don't talk to me. Let's save the awkwardness :)

The Picture of Dorian Gray (Modern Library Classics)

The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde, Jeffrey Eugenides

A normal review

A painting. A young man who meets a new friend that introduces him into hedonism. Same young man now is willing to do anything to maintain his youth and beauty, while his soul becomes tremendously corrupted.

The plot's interesting and well-written. It depicts society in late 19th century England. However, the narcissism, the wish of eternal youth, the superficiality, the unscrupulous acts in order to get what people want, they're all things that can be seen in any century.

The characters are well-developed.

I really like Wilde's writing. Funny. Witty. Profound.

A "completely about the book that doesn't go off-topic and doesn't refer to the author (a 'non-shelf author', may I add) except for that one positive observation, so he won't feel insulted, even though this guy died in 1900" kind of review. Effective, huh?

Yup. Boring.

Suddenly, rating seems just fine.

American Gods