Florencia

I love writing, but apparently I don't have any talent, or I can't find it (if it's something you can find), so my dream of becoming a writer is just that. I'm a lawyer now (yup, no kidding).

Anyway, I love books, music, movies, pizza, lemon pie and people with good sense of humor.  If you don't have any, if you make Mary Bennet look funny, interesting and witty, or if you're a fanatic that's still not acquainted with the fact that people have their own personal taste and therefore, their own opinions about books, music, movies, etc., so you can't bear that another person dislikes your favorite book, song, movie, etc., then please don't talk to me. Let's save the awkwardness :)

Como agua para chocolate - Laura Esquivel I went to a book club once, years ago, and it was Esquivel's turn. That's it. That's all I should say about this book. Because if I begin to remember everything I hated about it... Well. It won't be pretty for me. I mean, I enjoy magical realism, but not when it's so damn sappy, mushy, sentimental and other 5 synonyms that I can't come up with right now. I don't know. I guess I don't do well with such an enormous amount of melodramatic romance. It's fine when it's a well-written part of the story. But when the descriptions become so ughh... I just feel bad. Those 2 stars are because of its nice structure and, well, there's food (?). Seriously, that creative connection among the story, the food and other cultural aspects, it's kind of interesting. But the rest... I just wanted to forget it. And I successfully managed to do so. Until this review.Damn.

American Gods