Florencia

I love writing, but apparently I don't have any talent, or I can't find it (if it's something you can find), so my dream of becoming a writer is just that. I'm a lawyer now (yup, no kidding).

Anyway, I love books, music, movies, pizza, lemon pie and people with good sense of humor.  If you don't have any, if you make Mary Bennet look funny, interesting and witty, or if you're a fanatic that's still not acquainted with the fact that people have their own personal taste and therefore, their own opinions about books, music, movies, etc., so you can't bear that another person dislikes your favorite book, song, movie, etc., then please don't talk to me. Let's save the awkwardness :)

The Metamorphosis - Franz Kafka, Stanley Corngold So, he woke up and found himself transformed into a big insect. That's something you don't read about everyday. I loved this novella. Kafka's well known for creating absurd and claustrophobic universes that a lot of us can relate to. The Metamorphosis is no exception. It has a lot of meanings, symbolism everywhere; a deep, philosophical twist that I love.There's this guy, who's not quite excited about his job, his boss in particular (weird, huh?). And then, out of the blue, he becomes an insect. He realizes that he's now a burden to his family. He's alone in his own house. He once was a relevant part of the family, a provider. But now, being an insect and all, he can't support them anymore; he's useless. An alienated and depressed burden with a lot of skinny legs. That can be such a familiar feeling (except for the transformation into an actual insect, of course). And Kafka describes it disgustingly beautiful. I read it in high school, and loved it. I read it again and loved it more. There's not a lot of warm and fuzzy feelings in a Kafkaesque universe; they can be cold, confusing, honest... real. But, with a touch of humor that prevents you of wanting to jump off your balcony.

American Gods